Skip to main content

Image by jacqueline macou from Pixabay

It is the responsibility of all participants to take care of their visa applications. 

Do I need a visa?

Please check if your country falls under visa obligation. 

How to start the visa application?

On receiving the notification about being accepted for the CEU Summer University program, please start preparing for your trip by checking the following links: 

What to do and when?

  • The Summer University Office provides the official invitation letter in the form of an offer, downloadable for admitted applicants from the Applicant portal. Please make sure you accept the offer on the Portal. 
  • On accepting the offer, you will get to the Onboarding page where there will be different tasks to complete, including the visa section and the housing form. Please fill them in. 
  • Secure your visa interview date. You can do it via the relevant Embassy website right after getting your notification of acceptance. The earliest visa appointment date you can request is 6 months before the date of your travel
  • Check visa application requirements
  • Room reservation letters can be requested via the housing form in case you stay in the CEU Residence Center. If you stay elsewhere, you can ask your hotel to send it to you. 

Your visa can be refused if you do not provide all required documents, or if you are late with the submission of the documents. 

The SUN Office will contact all relevant Embassies to support participants’ visa applications.