We invite applications from academics (graduate students, post-docs, junior faculty, and researchers) as well as from professionals (e.g. policy-makers, civil servants, NGO workers, etc.) For most courses, a BA is a requirement although some courses are open for undergraduates as well.
The language of instruction is English, thus all applicants have to demonstrate a strong command of spoken and written English to be able to participate actively in discussions at seminars and workshops. Some of the shortlisted applicants may be contacted for a telephone interview.
Please consult the eligibility section on each course website for course-specific requirements and pre-requisites.
How to Apply
You can apply via the CEU SUN Online Application Form. Below is the list of the documents you may need to prepare for applying. Courses vary a great deal, therefore, for course-specific application requirements please consult the How to apply section on the relevant course websites.
- Academic Writing Submission(s)
All summer courses require one or more pieces of academic writing for the application, such as a statement of purpose, research proposal, academic essay on a given subject, writing sample, etc.
- Letter of Recommendation
Some, but not all courses may request one confidential letter of recommendation submitted as part of your application. (In case you apply for two courses that require recommendations then a separate letter should be submitted for each course.) The letter must be written in English by your faculty members, employers, or thesis or job supervisors (i.e. people most familiar with your academic and/or professional abilities and character) and sent via the online application system by the recommenders themselves.
In order to enable your recommenders to send in their letters, you need to register them in the relevant section of the online application form AND submit your application; they won’t receive an email with a link to a recommendation form until after you have submitted your application. All recommendations must be received within two weeks of the time the application is submitted. Late references may or may not be considered.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Please upload an updated CV or resume, including a publication list if available. CEU accepts all commonly used CV/resume formats.
- Proof of English Proficiency
Please indicate your level of English proficiency and provide proof where requested
- My first language is English.
- I have earned a BA degree (or above) taught exclusively in English
- I studied English as a foreign/second language.
Please upload proof of your English proficiency*
As proof of your English language proficiency, please submit a scanned copy of one of the following: a) a TOEFL or IELTS score or any other English language exam certificate; or b) a writing sample in English, or c) if none of these are available, please upload your own brief assessment of your English language skills.
- Completed CEU Application Form
We strongly advise the use of Google Chrome to enable the full functionality of the form.
- You may apply to a maximum of two summer courses. In case of being admitted, you can only attend both if the two courses do not overlap in time. Financial aid, if available, is only granted to attend one course.
- If you applied to CEU in a previous admission cycle, please use your existing login and password to start a new application. If you do not remember your password from last year click on Forgotten Password. With technical problems, bugs or errors related to the online application forms please contact the CEU IT Help Desk.
- All application materials must be submitted with the online application form(s). Materials sent by postal mail, electronic mail or fax are not considered.
- The maximum allowable file size for upload is 2MB per file and the acceptable file formats are PDF, JPG and JPEG. Ensure all security features (e.g. passwords and encryption) are removed from the documents before uploading them.
- Applications cannot be edited after submission. Please submit your application only when it is 100% final and complete.